I?m posting this just to spread the word, because I think it?s...

1. 149 Posts.
    I?m posting this just to spread the word, because I think it?s something we should all be aware of.
    For some years now we?ve heard constantly about the need to reduce greenhouse gas and we currently have this national debate over carbon credits going on. We have advocates for various forms of non-polluting energy: wind, nuclear, solar, tidal, geothermal, bio-fuels from algae, etc..
    But it seems there may already be an energy source that could solve any greenhouse problem and a lot of other problems besides ? one that not too much has been heard about as yet: energy from thorium ? a very much safer and more powerful form of nuclear energy.
    It is claimed that liquid fluoride reactors using thorium would do this for us. I don?t want to detail the benefits here. It would take too long and I?d probably be mistaken in some of the things I?d say anyway. However , if you?re interested, you could take yourself to http://energyfromthorium.com/
    to learn about it. You could also listen to Jim Puplava?s interview with Kirk Sorensen by going to http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour
    and scroll down to "Kirk Sorensen: Thorium Could Be Our Energy "Silver Bullet" - Safer, cleaner and cheaper thorium reactors could change the world?. Kirk Sorensen?s website is
    http://flibe-energy.com/
    Some of our Australian miners have thorium deposits.
    Thorium is several times more plentiful than uranium and can produce far more energy for a given amount. In an address given to an audience in Huntsville Alabama, Sorensen claims that a mere 7,000 tonnes of thorium could supply the whole world with energy for a year.
    If all of this is as good as he claims, I guess we can expect a lot of opposition to come from producers of petroleum, natural gas, coal, etc..
    Kirk Sorensen?s bio extracted from the Financial Sense website:
    Kirk Sorensen has been studying thorium technology since 2000 and has been a public advocate for its use and development since 2006. He started the weblog, Energy from Thorium, which has spawned a global movement of interest in liquid-fluoride thorium reactor technology. He has a masters? degree in aerospace engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and is studying nuclear engineering at the University of Tennessee under Dr. Laurence Miller. He worked at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center from 2000 to 2010 and led advanced technology development for new space transportation systems. From May 2010 to May 2011 he served as Chief Nuclear Technologist to Teledyne Brown Engineering in Huntsville, but left recently to found a new company, Flibe Energy, which is devoted to the design, development, manufacture and operation of liquid-fluoride thorium reactors. He lives in Madison, Alabama with his wife and four children.
    Tez

I have no personal interest other than wanting to see a better world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.