Thorp gives black power salute in Parliament, page-435

1. 17,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    that’s another thing people try to do if they haven’t got another way of responding - say it’s overthinking. I respond to what you write.

It’s you who are trying to find ways of telling me what’s in my head, drawing long bow comparisons and coming up with yet another justification. But maybe you can’t notice what you are doing. No point going back over your posts and pointing out how many times you’ve done it because you simply don’t appear to be interested.

There is a very great difference between saying what something seems to be, looks like, sounds like or appears and trying to state something as a fact. You do the latter regularly. Not just to me but to others.

Do you think other people haven’t worked in jobs that require understanding of people beyond the behaviour one is seeing? For goodness sake - you’re scratching the bottom of the barrel. Maybe however you assume you know more. I don’t. I have ways I check so I don’t assume incorrectly and so there can be a basis for change if it’s needed.

btw you didn’t simply reference Morrison. You tried to insist that there was some flawed thinking if I didn’t use him as a comparison point for lidia.

i can’t stand the man and couldn’t way before he became PM. I just wonder why you don’t make excuses for him as well. Afterall the poor man has been subjected to brain washing from the church for a very long time. I suspect he has a lot of defence mechanisms in place.

do you excuse people who are family violence perpetrators. Often they have experienced some sort of disruption in their childhood or they have not been able to learn self control for some reason, or their flawed self image has led to propping up their ego in an unhealthy way

there are always excuses for behaviour. And there are always reasons. That doesn’t necessarily make the behaviour ok. But allowing anti social behaviour from some because of multigenerational trauma of a particular type is a recipe for a fractured, broken society to continue

multigenerational trauma is not healed from outside - it’s an inside job that can be made easier with the right kind of help. For indigenous people evidence suggests they get more from applying integrated indigenous and cultural knowledge and processes than from western experts

this is a quote I read recently - author unknown - a big part of becoming an adult is unlearning a lot of the S you were taught by people who didn’t know what they were doing either.

ALL of us. And the older we get the more we have to unravel our own beliefs and practices. Make of that what you will

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.