IMS 0.00% 69.0¢ impelus limited

Thorpey keeps delivering!, page-62

1. 1,009 Posts.
    Hey Gilly,

So to answer you question from the other day, I think MBE, MKO and MNW are very different in their approaches within the same sector. Obviously the nature of their businesses are very different and they are all after an analogous goal - revenue from online payments / advertising. The differences at face level are obvious, Mint Wireless have a product that they need to market to gain market share and earn coin. MOKO are competing in one of the most difficult competitions in becoming an online marketing platform through integration with social media at a very native level. Now, both these companies could be gold mines if they did it right and by that I mean investing in the future with genuine insight, making the right deals and testing market analytics. IMO, the difference between MBE, MOKO and MNW is management. It's that simple. MOKO has and will always carry the risk of social media fad vs trend vs lifestyle. And MNW's risks are that they are still running losses with no major advantage over other payment methods.

MBE is changing the way advertisers buy media and changing the way that media is consumed. They are building a global payment network that (I believe) has strong potential to become a DCB network that will extend beyond Convey in the future. Either that or Convey will start including real-world products and services so you can just pay through Convey for everyday subscriptions / gym memberships / movie rentals / pay tv etc. all through your telco. This is the future that the Telco industry is gearing towards and this is the future that MBE is investing in. The products that they currently have are base level products that are necessary to grow their network, generate revenue and keep profits. Sure they are necessary and they are making them heaps of money but their lifespans are always going to be limited. The integration of Madvertising into this global mix makes MBE even more lucrative because it can generate it's own analytics from user data through real-time spending and target advertising to drive further revenue. In this regard, there is a lot that MBE could achieve in the next few years and I think that they are on the right track with how cautiously they are moving.

I hope that answers your question.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.