MrGordon, I agree that Jehovah's Witnesses are on the receiving...

1. 27,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    MrGordon,

I agree that Jehovah's Witnesses are on the receiving end of a great deal of criticism.

The question is: why?

I think that part of the answer is so much of the Jehovah's Witness theology is shrouded in mystery for outsiders.

I have yet to get an answer that I fully understand to the following questions.

Who is Jesus Christ according to Jehovah's Witness theology? Is he the mediator between humans and God the Father. Can Jesus forgive sin? Is Jesus divine, and how do you arrive at your conclusion? Is there one God or are there more than one? If so is Jesus one of the others?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in universal salvation or is salvation only for those who become Jehovah's Witnesses?

Is salvation earned or is it a free gift from God? If it has to be earned how is this done and whose call is it that enough has been done?

Some doctrine is not universally agreed. Examples are the validity of the Trinity and which day of the week is the Sabbath? Is salvation really dependent on calling these disputed doctrines correctly?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses have an exclusion directive that controls contact and relationships with outsiders? A number of years ago a family member married a person who converted to the Jehovah's Wittiness religion. That person was told that either the spouse converted or the marriage had to be dissolved - the marriage broke up. I have asked whether there is any truth in Jehovah's Witness rules published on the Internet. You refused to answer.

Is the Watchtower the "spokesperson" for God? If so why is so much faith put into what the authors of watchtower say, especially considering their dismal record of prophesies?

So while some opposition that your faith comes from people who are just anti-religion, IMO, some also comes from what appears to be lack of transparency.

The advice: attend a Kingdom Hall service, IMO, isn't an adequate response, and, IMO, the Jehovah's Witness website only answers questions that leaders wished to be asked.

Just my opinion as to the reasons that Jehovah's Witnesses pick up so much flack.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.