GPT 1.73% $4.12 gpt group

I have had several thoughts about this stock - most of them...

1. 631 Posts.
    I have had several thoughts about this stock - most of them unchanging - if you are interested to read all the numerical analysis, just search for posts by me - most of them will be here.

To summarise in any event:

- I have been accumulating since mid 2008.
    - I have participated in all rights issues since then
    - the value of the stock (taking account of discounted rights issues) is LARGELY UNCHANGED over my investment horizon
    - the intrinsics of the company are far better now than they were due to a more stable balance sheet
    - the exclusion of all other earnings sources apart from rental over the past period has increased the earnings multiple to a level I am uncomfortable with for such a non-growth business
    - I personally am unable to place an accurate valuation on the assets, therefore I value the company based on real ability to earn repeatedly and do not factor in at this point asset price fluctuations.

I am no longer accumulating the stock. I consider it fair value at the moment. Its yield however is nearly double that of a bank, and I believe that the beefed up balance sheet, and lack of news / ship changing directions along with a simplified business has attracted stability. This is good for continued yield.

Main items that may alter the SP in the short-medium term are unchanged and include:
    - the big 3 shareholders wanting more or less of the company
    - a favorable/unfavorable earnings report (I expect that the company will manage to artificially increase its earnings significantly this period as a result of various hedging and currency plays - personally I ignore such movements, but the schools of fish looking for a feed may not)
    - higher/lower than expected sales/acquisitions of assets

The restructuring of the number of shares etc may have some impact but really should be minimal and is what I call noise.

Bottom line: Term deposit with better terms, possibility of capital upside, lesser possibility (in my view) of downside.

Feens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.12
Change
0.070(1.73%)
Mkt cap ! $7.892B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.12 $4.05 $42.63M 10.37M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6063 $4.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.12 218087 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.