OST 0.00% 86.5¢ onesteel limited

"Sirloin, you make some good points about a comparison of OST to...

1. 497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    "Sirloin, you make some good points about a comparison of OST to BSL. One question/thought, though (for Sirloin or anyone): OST used to have a significant margin of market cap over BSL. Now, OST has a market cap of $953m, whereas BSL has a market cap of $1.35b. I am wondering what people think about this 35% gap that goes BSL's way?

OST seems to have a lot going for it- compared with BSL- but somewhere a divergence occurred (the two companies always tracked each other), and now OST is slipping behind.

Thoughts?"

Fair enough question and I can understand what you meant about comparing OST to BSL purely in relation to market cap.Id say its probably got something to do with BSL raising capital and therefore increasing the number of shares they have on the market.
    I think the only reason that the BSL share price has held out is because people who bought them for between $5 and $12 a share over the last few years are going to wait in case there is some improvement.
    Its not looking good for BSL though as its costing them so much money to keep operating.
    I believe a few months time looking in hindsight we will have a good example of how silly mr market can get in slamming onesteel.
    Should also mention OST does have more liabilities to equity that BSL which may have meant investors saw it as a higher risk proposal. This could be easily paid down from profits and asset sales for OST however while BSL may no be able to pay their bills within a few months IMO.
    I agree that OST will be up over a dollar again soon and maybe higher.
    The sharemarket does its own thing and I really dont think the management are too concerned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.