QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

Thoughts for Monday open: sell, do nothing, buy?, page-11

1. 1,087 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1545
    Thanks for a great post, JID. I have no doubt, as a long-term investor in QIN, that Glaucus succeeded in making a fortune by:

* borrowing and short selling millions of shares in TFC / QIN over the last months/weeks at an average of around the mid $1.40s.

* Creating panic among QIN shareholders through their self-serving and biased report (was their any positive at all reported?); and

* Then covering most of their short position leading up to last weekend at around $1 - $1.10, for a very quick profit of around 25-30% at the expense of panicked shareholders.

My prediction for the next week: After the release of the QIN response by Wednesday, the share price will quickly recover for a few days or weeks, while Glaucus again borrows and shorts the QIN shares at north of $1.30 before releasing stage 2 of their plan to again cause investor concern. There is also a possibility of no stage 2 report, but the sustained shorting after the initial share price recovery will cause the share price to drop again anyway, while they again make a quick killing.

I am completely comfortable with my long-term QIN holdings, but I do intend to again take advantage of the shorter actions with some short term trades as well. Lies has this strategy well understood and posted on Hot Copper. It has just hotted up a bit thanks to Glaucus.

That said, I do not agree that shorting should be banned, but I do believe there should be some regulatory control to stop profiteering and share price manipulation through blatantly one-sided and self-serving reports which are designed to cause panic . Of course the same would apply to a one-sided, overly positive reports designed to cause excessive enthusiasm and drive up the share price. If this is not addressed by the regulators, small shareholders will give up investing for themselves and instead invest through the hedge funds and others who have driven them out of the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.