Anna,Just got in from kicking the footy with my 7 year old grand...

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Anna,

Just got in from kicking the footy with my 7 year old grand daughter,Rachel, on a chilly afternoon in Melbourne. I was thinking particularly of her future and the kids of her generation.

She's ln grade 1 and she has a tremendous love of books, she's learning piano and loves every aspect of her school life. I was musing on the dreams her parents have for her and wandering what the future holds for young lives like hers.

I liked what you said, I do think those things are important and though we may feel the generosity of our spirit as a Nation has been diminished, I could not help but be impressed by Howard's concern for the Balinese and Indonesian people.

He need not have shown that concern, but he did and I am sure many Australians will be encouraged by that and challenged to a new concern for others.

Ultimately whatever happens I think there is reason for hope and confidence, understandably somewhat muted now, in the future of our country and for our young people.

My confidence is based to a large degree on it's history and character forming ideals and people (like Fred Hollows) that have helped to mould our Nation.

Thank you again.

Regards

Llew Jones.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.