Thoughts occur, page-3

1. 44,765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day float.... I've often considered the "self" to be the operation of the brain plus an emanation that we call the mind. all the psych stuff I've read over decades leads me to think of the mind as Freud described it, an admixture of brain (id) and the collective unconscious (superego) that we call the ego.... the thing that bridges the organic and inorganic that connects all living beings through history.

I came to a conclusion that the ego vanishes into oblivion on death. yet I cannot deny the idea that something higher exists in the consciousness that remains hidden from our everyday consciousness. I think this is what you are referring to. that part of us, as insignificant in the greater scheme of the greater collective consciousness, yet significant in our lives but totally obscure.

I've felt I've recognised the 'voice' of this at times, but can never be certain that it's not my imagination. ego driven thoughts that grant me the sense that I am more than I think.

since I was in my early 20's I haven't been able to accept the concept of a god. so many different human mental creations to enable the regulation of human society. but now I wonder if dark matter can provide some explanation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.