AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Let's remember their track record.Here are some examples of the...

1. 1,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Let's remember their track record.

Here are some examples of the negative impact the company has had:

Toxic Spills: In 2010, a tailings dam at Zijin's copper mine in Fujian province collapsed, causing 2,000 tons of toxic waste to spill into a nearby river. The incident resulted in severe environmental damage and widespread protests from local residents.

Human Rights Violations:

In 2015, Zijin Mining was accused of violating the rights of workers at its copper mine in Tibet. According to a report by Human Rights Watch, workers were subjected to forced labor, long working hours, and dangerous working conditions.

Illegal Mining: In 2016, Zijin was found to be operating an illegal gold mine in Indonesia. The company was fined $5.2 million and ordered to cease operations at the mine.

Wildlife Destruction: In 2018, Zijin was accused of causing significant damage to a protected wetland area in Papua New Guinea. The company had been granted a permit to conduct exploration activities in the area, but local residents and environmental groups claimed that the company had caused significant damage to the ecosystem.

Controversial Investments: Zijin has also faced criticism for its investments in controversial projects, such as the Porgera gold mine in Papua New Guinea, which has been accused of human rights abuses and environmental destruction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.