HDR hardman resources limited

I bought HDR at around 0.045. A couple of months later it hit a...

1. 672 Posts.
    I bought HDR at around 0.045. A couple of months later it hit a high of 0.08 before dropping back to 0.04. I was cursing myself. Why didn't I take some profits? Now I look back and thank my lucky stars I didn't sell. Either then or on the numerous other opportunities that fate delivered to me.

I disagree with an active trading strategy. Why?

1. You are competing with insiders who can time their entries and exits better than you can.

2. You pay more tax.

3. You pay more brokerage.

4. HDR is undervalued at these levels. Why bother with the expense and stress of active trading to squeeze a few cents extra profit (if you are lucky) when the underlying share itself is such good value.

5. Numerous academic studies have shown that active traders underperfom the market. It's self delusion to believe that you can beat the market through trading.

6. You might find yourself out of the stock when some corporate activity happens, such as a WPL takeover, and will forever curse yourself for riding the wave for so long but dropping out before the most prosperous crest.

This is one wave I'll be riding to the end, and I'm expecting a tsunami, not a dumper. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.