ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

Been reflecting on how some farmers, environmentalists and the...

1. 16,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    Been reflecting on how some farmers, environmentalists and the Greens are opposing CSG developments and how they have got it wrong. All the evidence points to Australia (and the world) needing to use more gas going forward. This includes farmers and also mining given that our oil reserves are declining .. there is an opportunity for gas to power industrial transportation. And gas will help reduce emmissions substantially compared to oil and coal.

In Qld the CSG industry has been ramping up for 10-12 years and it now provides around 20% of power generation. This has been a deliberate state govt policy. The industry has been operating all that time without creating the disaster the environmentalists say will happen. And this development of the csg industry in Qld happened well before the possibility of exporting CSG/LNG was planned or even talked about.

Governments of all kinds need energy and power security and gas can provide that for NSW. The federal government is obviously very supportive of the CSG/LNG industry with JG opening the works at Gladstone recently and saying the govt was proud to support this industry and it was a very important industry that would further cement our trading relations with Asia. And state governments need the royalties from LNG export, especially if coal revenues decline somewhat (in 5-10 years time!). I can't see any way that the NSW government will get in the way of CSG developments in NSW. And despite all the "noise" I reckon the Greens will not stop it either .. because the alternative is more coal and oil usage.

Whada ya reckon?

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.