ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

nervous,"Highly permeable" is a relative term. Compared to the...

1. 6,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2510
    nervous,

"Highly permeable" is a relative term. Compared to the Sydney Basin ESG's coals might have decent perm, but in Queensland ESG's perms would be considered moderate at best. From memory they're about 30mD perm, compared to up to 1000mD in the Surat and some parts of the Bowen.

Your CEOs were not correct to say the Gunnedah is second only to the Surat in perm. They would know better than most that Spring Gully/Fairview in the Bowen is more permeable than anything in the Gunnedah.

They should also have recognised that you can't really drill laterals in highly permeable coals (and wouldn't want to anyway), and furthermore, that you don't frac highly permeable coals either. 30mD though is a suitable perm for laterals.

ESG has good coals for production through laterals, but I wouldn't call anything under 100mD "highly permeable."

I'm going to try and find some old well completion reports that are publicly available to qualify the CO2 issue too. Some of the old Gastar wells should be open file by now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.