ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

thoughts on csg and energy for the future, page-4

1. 299 Posts.
    H

I'm of the same opinion as you concerning NSW and he Greens.

Farry O'Barrell and his government will hurrump all the way through the ESG approval process and political pragmatism will win the day.

NSW needs revenue and development. Rural towns need jobs and industry.

To quote BOF just before the election, "I'm no fan of the coal seam gas industry but ..blah blah, tough regulation blah...". What else would he say?

He doesn't want to put the anti-CSG farmers off side. He doesn't want to alarm the conservationist voters declaring his support for the burgeoning industry.

For that matter, CSG may be the only burgeoning industry in NSW with the exception of insolvency services.

We can expect more benign statements of concern followed by pragmatic approvals with the backed up by "toughest environmental regulations in Australia" pronouncements.

As for the Greens, many have tried to argue the environmental benefits of gas as a relatively carbon light fossil fuel that will play a crucial part in the transition to low carbon energy sources and renewables.

Why bother. The Greens know the benefits of gas replacing coal but they have nothing to gain by acknowledging the fact. All it would do is weaken their renewables mantra.

The Greens, like all pollies these days, need to stay on message with the same dogged conviction displayed by db76.

Uncertainty fuels pessimism and we've had far to much of it from the mining tax to the carbon tax.

The shining lights of certainty for ESG are political pragmatism and the Queensland LNG project approvals.

Our new greener tag line should be, "ESG, exporting carbon reduction"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.