CTP 1.96% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

Thanks karll, good to see you're still around! It's been a hard...

1. 609 Posts.
    Thanks karll, good to see you're still around! It's been a hard slog. I believe you're right, if formal notice is provided then from what I understand it should go into caretaker mode, so at the moment there hasn't been a formal notice so maybe it's not going to happen.

James: thanks for your comments. After riding this for so long I'd hate to see the assets sold out cheap. The market (potentially unconventional) is strong, so why should we sell out cheap? I think if we're able to hold out long enough, our shale assets (particularly georgina) will start to attain the valuation of their peers which is several hundred and in some cases several thousand percent (I'm not kidding!!) higher. I was actually thinking of doing a post on this a few weeks ago so shareholders can see the disparity in prices but its hard to find time.

Upmarket (and others): my apologies that this ended up as an extremely long post... it was meant to be much shorter but once I got started I kept going (most posters from years gone by should know!) - looking at the time it took me nearly 1.5 hrs! Secondly, I don't feel it's fair to come out with a one liner with no reasoning, so I tried to break it down into several issues to map out my thoughts and make it easier to discuss.

Atco79, OS75 and everready (and anyone else who thinks I'm JH lol): Let me clear this up. I first came across CTP in 2005 when they initially attempted to raise capital and list. I've been in this stock since 2006 as a holder, and in the process researched, invested and lost significant amounts of money in it (significant to some, insignificant to others).. and when I say lost, this isn't just a paper loss.

Even though this has been the case, I've continually felt that if it came off it would serve me well, so followed it intimately.

My background's in engineering, so maybe that's why I like to look at things in detail!

R/

Sav

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.0¢ $343.8K 6.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 288354 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 409091 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.