CTP 2.04% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

thoughts on current events, page-15

1. 1,569 Posts.
    G'day os75,

its an interesting proposition .. whose who on these forums.

But in the end does it really matter?

We might be buying and selling stock but underpinning that is we really trade in information.

We can't deny Sav-j's posted a thoughtful and comprehensive summary of whats been happening .. some of the detail I've missed though at times the comment that its all founded on whats already in the public domain seemed a 'little' far fetched.

That said, so much has been posted these last 7 days .. I haven't tracked it all.

Personalities aside .. Sav's comments on governance, on the role of collegiate decision making are true!

JH as CEO was simply the public face of Board. Thats why I've never had much time for the arguement that blames him out of hand - for the decisions made and direction followed.

So far as the make up of the board .. well that egg is truly scambled now and changes are coming .. but in the end I'd would vote to keep John as CEO.

It doesn't matter who says it ... I agree with the proposition that they should have drilled a second hole at Surprise .. they found quality oil but the first lateral was too short and that compromised the yeild.

The board should be pushing for revenue .. to maintain their independance and buy them time.

I agree with Sav's comment that the new 'sell down' strategy alluded to by Patterson seems rushed and it IS at odds with all my readings of the companies implied long term agenda.

Given all this I think an EGM and public airing of the issues and options is now required!

Finally, it doesn't bother me whose who on these threads ... I admit in times past (on other threads) i've got well and truly rilled by nefarious posters and mischief makers .. but i don't put Sav contributions in that league at all his contributions have always been balanced and substantial.

But in the face of HC's anonymity all any of us can do is look at the arguement and analysis ... and then reconcile that against our own judgement.

cheers

SG

ps regardless what happens .. we ARE at a crossroads and the future for Centrals' shareholders IS now much brighter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $47.28K 967.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 517610 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 150000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.