FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

Thoughts on Interference testing, connectivity et al..

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    As the caffeine kicks in, I've attached a case study from the giant Girassol (800+ mmboe) oilfield offshore Angola where the Operator did various tests pre-Field development to understand the reservoir properties namely 'Connectivity' between sands etc. For that one conducts 'Interference' testing done by drilling multiple wells across the field.

www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/abstracts/2004intl_cancun/extended/A91143.pdf

DickyH from Cairn in their May CMD & Aug HY chat, talked abt Interference testing & Connectivity during the upcoming program.

Simply put what that means is, if u have a Reservoir that extends for 11-12 kms north-south & is targetted by 3 wells at equal spacing (ie 5.5kms north from SNE2 to deeper sand at Bell#1 not the top 'younger' Sand and 6.6 kms south from SNE-2 to SNE-3) then one leaves behind acoustic gauges to collate the pressure data & suss out if there's any drop out or not. This also helps in planning of Future water injector wells over the fringe of the field.

Attached is the X-section frm Cairn's preso for the SNE field running NW-SE.

It clearly shows the blocky sand (S520) getting thicker & the S540 sand emerging above the oil water contact. IMO, these should b tested depending on HC shows etc.

The green bands denote oil zones, where they've collated their MDT findings at SNE-1. The red bands r from the gas zones.

Note how they left the reservoir cased behind the 9" casing !!!!

This connectivity testing & Tracer injection was also conducted at Jubilee where the JV established a 11 kms track from the first 3 discovery wells. For that pls refer Tullow's Ghana CMD preso's from 2008 onwards on their website..

-------------------------------

Kkw,
    dont know abt Xmas, i want news in wk-3 nov or from depth of 2400m onwards from the first core interval & subsequent cored data. Then deal with the flow rates etc by wk-4 Dec by my estimates (assuming no 'lost' time or tool failures/mechanical issues). A simply dumbed down version like, cut 20m of core and recovered 98% of it will do to get the good news flowing.

Anyways got to go, keep an eye on MTrf'c Monday noon onwards.  cheers..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.