PAM 0.00% 16.0¢ pan asia metals limited

Thoughts on lepidolite discussion

1. 571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    One common theme I see while occasionally browsing many lithium companies on HC and is the bashing that lepidolite frequently gets. It could be a blame game for all of the problems facing the global lithium industry on Chinese lepidolite or have solid grounds. The posts are usually around that China is flooding the market with low grade or low quality lepidolite to crash the prices, the high amount of waste product from processing lepidolite (worse for the environment and more expensive to store waste), or that it is expensive to produce chemicals compared to spodumene so Chinese mines are closing down. Feel free to add if I missed any.

I assume that like with spodumene focused companies, there will be a range of grades from lower to higher and cheaper to more expensive producers for lepidolite too. It would be similar to CXO vs PLS.

PAM have often shared this chart to show that Yongxing producing battery grade chemicals at the bottom 1/3 of the cost curve. They also seem to be planning to use proven technology and ore sorting is fixing the grade issue to reduce waste.

What are your thoughts on the feasibility of lepidolite and are any of the concerns/hate thrown around by HC users justified? If any concerns are justified, in what context would they be for?

?temp_hash=a0cb1b13c990809e9142d16c1d73a06d

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.