AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

thoughts on mt m trial

1. 7,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 512

Let's assume that Calcifier does not capitulate in the next week or so and we go to trial starting on the 5th March and the trial lasts the full 4 days.

Let’s also assume that the trial is not held behind closed doors but in open session meaning that interested parties can sit in the visitor’s gallery and observe the evidence being presented by both sides.

As the trial will cause company specific information to be released it will surely be necessary to go for a trading halt from 5th March – MNM has an obligation to issue market sensitive information through the ASX first and not through journalists commenting on a court of law or through shareholders commenting on HC.

The maximum amount of time a trading halt can last for is 3 days and the trial is scheduled to last for 4 days.

I would therefore like to suggest that there is a strong possibility that MNM will go into a trading halt before the opening bell on 5th March and if the trial lasts the full 4 days will be suspended from listing before the opening bell on 8th March, to be requoted shortly afterwards when MNM issues an official ANN through the ASX updating the market on what occurred during the trial.

So, if you want to buy some MNM and you believe (as I do) that MNM will win the court case against Calcifier then you have only 8 trading days left to accumulate a position before a halt.

Winning the court case will, imo, result in a serious gap up in the SP once trading resumes if indeed a trading halt / suspension is the way to go.

Can we therefore expect a reduced sell side and more buying in the remaining 8 days to go before the trial … I would think so.

EB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.