thanks NBD! - I am about to visit said family - that dog used to...

1. 18,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    thanks NBD! - I am about to visit said family - that dog used to absolutely love me - she used to see me coming in, then hide behind a skinny stick of a tree, then look right and left, until I got up and tried to 'find' her -it was the most ridiculous look, when she thought she could 'hide' her broad face and body behind a 'stick' - now she is shy, withdrawn. Boss and boss wife keep her mostly inside - take her for a short walk only per day - on a leash. I believe the dog needs more exercise and exercise creates oxytocin. Instead the vet prescribes valium, which just makes you more sleepy.

They have had many dogs over the years, always the same breed, mostly problem dogs. The couple themselves tend to have arguments as a form of banter, but could be misinterpreted as 'fighting' - I have wondered if that had anything to do with their mixed-up dogs.

Sorry to you use you as a sounding board, but I am positive you have a good understanding of animal behaviour. I shall keep an eye/ear in 'loony tunes'!
    Have a great weekend NBD!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.