WAM 0.95% $1.60 wam capital limited

Thoughts on the new Wilson Fund, page-19

1. 27 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Interesting comments from all. As a self funded retiree investing through both an SMSF and private portfolio I'm a big fan of the Wilson stable. Over recent years they've provided a fantastic fully franked dividend stream pretty much across all their vehicles along with reasonable capital appreciation. Although WGB is still trading at a discount it is relatively small whereas others are decent and anyone getting in on the ground has been rewarded. I don't bother too much about performance fees as long as the outperformance is there. The prospectus for WAR was issued today and nothing really surprising. Sure, there is options for gearing, shorting, derivatives availability etc. but based on track record I'll be investing. Albeit somewhat conservatively in the IPO as there is potential to top up post but in saying that I gave WMI a skip up front and ultimately paid the price but even then have been well rewarded over time.

Past performance of course is no guarantee but Geoff's track record speaks for itself and I'd be very surprised if WAR is not a winner. Wilsons are in my view number one in shareholder communication and having met a few of their senior people I sleep well knowing they have control of a fair chunk of what I need for income purposes. The capital growth on that chunk of capital is just the icing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.60
Change
0.015(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $1.775B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.59 $1.60 $1.58 $1.219M 768.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2149 $1.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 69099 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.