WAM 1.68% $1.51 wam capital limited

So if you were following the thread then you'd see I was...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    So if you were following the thread then you'd see I was responding to @ploppy.

ploppy bough WAM in 2017 at $2.5 unfortunately and was questioning the WAM perfomance reported vs personal experience.

Incidently I also bought around the same time but has managed to buy and sell a few times and currently sit on a capital gain plus dividends I got along the way.

You are not happy with how I calculated the performance, then show us how I should have done it please.

We are including the dividend payout in the total returns so what is the issue?
    We can do the calculation on 31 of March before the dividend payout if you prefer, but that is just moving around the deck chairs.

I actually sold out on the 31st @ $2.32 because it is more beneficial for me to take the capital gains rather than the div and maybe even buy back lower.
    Could have bought back in at $2.19 but decided I'm not that keen to get back into WAM at the moment unless the price is a lot closer to NTA.
    That 13c drop is bigger than the 11c gross dividend.

Of course anything can happen.
    If tomorrow WAM has a market value of $5 it would be a different story... but it is not.
    So currently the value is ~$2.2.

Of course depending on when you bought the picture may change somewhat.... but this was the actual use case... so what is the problem?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.51
Change
0.025(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $1.681B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.52 $1.50 $2.175M 1.442M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 94582 $1.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.52 45608 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.