RES 0.00% $4.61 resource generation limited

Thoughts on why Noble won't turn off the lights

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    I had a good think over the weekend and here are my (perhaps optimistic) thoughts.

Noble won't want RES to fold. why?

They were so close to financial close and starting to dig the mine. Noble makes far more money if this goes ahead than if they let it fall over.

IDC were putting *only* 100 million into this. Noble could offer to put on the 100 million and take what IDC was offered.

Noble we're trying to make IDC and PIC sign the final paperwork which shows how close it was to getting done. They wanted to get started. maybe they didn't even know IDC was going to pull out? Maybe this was a suprise to them? Maybe IDC was delaying the whole proxies so they could pull out after the sunset date.

I think this is another devastating road bump in the RES story but I don't think this is over.

I hope Noble sees merit in picking up the 100 million tab, negotiating the final parts with PIC and getting on with the digging.

in theory
    1. CPs sound like they are more or less done
    2. funding between 2 parties will be easier
    3. most due diligence between PIC and Noble must be done so they can speed up amendments
    4. South Africa will want to mine to go ahead for political reasons and job creation.

devastating for shareholders - yes,
    completely over - no

just my opinion

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RES (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.