PAN 0.00% 3.5¢ panoramic resources limited

thoughts/questions, page-2

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions directly, but I can provide a little more context.

My understanding is that there are two major reasons for the negative sentiment driving the share price down (and they are related).

(1) As you correctly stated, production is below forecasts and costs are blowing out way above forecasts. So while we were cash flow positive last quarter, I think almost everyone expects that we won't be going forward.

(2) This makes the ~US$40m debt an issue, because the date for repayment of that debt has already been extended from 24 March 2023 to 31 December 2023. Given we are likely to be cashflow negative, the market is likely pricing in that a cap raise is the only way that 31 December 2023 deadline can be met.

However, it is not the entire ~US$40m that is due on 31 December. It is only the US$15m revolving facility component (~A$22.m today).

The company had A$32.5m cash on hand at 31 March 2023, and being cashflow negative in the next few quarters would likely mean that a cap raise will be necessary.

Regarding future prospects of a takeover offer, I am of the opinion that the new IGO/Wyloo JV that recently bought land in Kwinana to build a nickel processing facility will create a lot of interest in PAN and POS going forward.

AF was previously involved in POS, and IGO has it's existing stake in PAN, so it would make logical sense that they would stay out of each others way and each grab the company they have an existing interest in. Wyloo signalled recently (as their MCR takeover is wrapping up) that they are very happy with the nickel price remaining low, so that they can continue to takeover these nickel resources.

BHP are also planning on doing some upgrades to their smelter facility, which is currently being used by IGO and MCR. BHP may look to replace some of the feed it will lose if IGO and MCR move the the new IGO/Wyloo facility.

However, both BHP and the IGO/Wyloo JV's plans are due for completion around 2026, so they may not be in any rush.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.