HDR hardman resources limited

thousands back junta in mauritania, page-3

1. 16,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 398
    xmagx

Thanks for the post. Sort of reassuring in that it sounds like business as usual, but the US's response that Taya is the constitutional leader and that they and the AU are calling for the restoration of constitutional rule in Mauritania is a bit of a worry. I guess neither party could really say anything else given that a nominally "democratic" government head has been replaced by a military junta. But the people of Mauritania seem happy. I'm still suspicious that the US "advisors" who have been training the armed forces to combat "terrorists" (read radical Islamic fundamentalists) may have had something to do with the "successful planning and execution" of this coup ... its hard to believe that they would have had no idea. All still a bit messy and we definitely need some sort of statement from the new leader and WPL that reaffirms the agreements and oil revenue arrangements.

Its the waiting that remains difficult. WPL and HDR should say something more today but its very likley things are not clear enough for them to do so.

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.