Hi acwmr In Vic the State Electricity Commission was backed by...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi acwmr

In Vic the State Electricity Commission was backed by Government but raised its own debt finance, and serviced the debt, so it was not taxpayer funded in the main.
    When Jeff Kennett privatised it (no choice, ALP had bankrupted the State) the proceeds were used to retire debt obligations of taxpayers.

And here is the ideological nutters on show again. The ALP bankrupted the state. You live in fairy land.
    The Sate Electricity Commission was owned by the tax payers. And it ran and serviced the Victorian people well. It paid the government yearly dividends. Kenneth who was supposed to be from our economic masters party sold it for less than one year's dividend. That is the 'no choice' he made.
    And it has been a disaster for Victoria ever since. Just like all conservative governments sat on his hands. Invested in nothing and now we are suffering for it.

I suggest we wait a few decades till renewables truly become cost effective, and build them then. Liddel PS should not be allowed to close, even if it means forcing AGL to sell it to say ERM.

And again the ideological nonsense of the right. Lets sit on our hands, don't invest into research and new technology. And just how would your suggestion come about if every body took that view? How could renewables become cost effective if nobody invested in them? It is weird the right are our economic masters and yet we get posts like these.
    And as far as cost effective, they already are. Solar is far cheaper than coal. It costs me nothing. I hate to keep throwing that back to you. You want to throw billions at the Liddell plant? Compared to throwing billions at new technology? Good luck with that. Just what the dunces of the federal government wanted to do. Except you and I know it was nothing but a political stunt.
    I hope you realise that this sort of nonsense will ensure that our children and grandchildren will become the water carriers of ASIA and the rest of the world.

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.