APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

While I'm very happy with how the US is unfolding, I'm not...

1. 5,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    While I'm very happy with how the US is unfolding, I'm not liking what I'm seeing in the UK at the moment.

Clearpay has gained something like 150 followers on insta over the last 12 days, compared to approximately 6k for AfterpayUS, 1k AfterpayAUS and even underperformed Play which (surprisingly) increased 10% or 800 followers in that period.

Why does this matter to me? Because M&S, a company with 1.3 million followers didn't advertise on their story or share a post of their collaboration with Clearpay.
    These slip ups matter because APT, unlike Klarna, don't spend heaps on advertising, they rely on their brands to share their story and raise awareness.

If Clearpay don't push for these companies to advertise them, their followings will not increase and the google trend graph will continue to heavily trail Klarna.

As I've mentioned yesterday, why get excited about Clearpay advertising their collaboration with M&S to their 4,000 followers when the real value is in M&S advertising to their 1.3 million followers.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth. Happy with the US, not happy with Clearpay's execution and also slightly puzzled by the sharp increase in Play over the last 10 days.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.