MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

Threat of fifth columnists and anarchists to Australia

1. 37,370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    Hi Lincoln

For a few years now I have mused on and off that an emerging Australian east coast CSG industry zigged whilst a nascent American unconventional oil and gas industry zagged.

Release in Australia of the American movie Gaslands was the defining action imo and coincided with American groups like The Rockefeller Foundation funding groups in Australia like Green Peace and possibly indirectly groups like Lock The Gate.

It could be argued that a real "hatchette job" was done on the emerging east coast CSG industry. In conjunction with north west shelf gas, Australia was set to become the dominant gas producer in the world and this would have set the country up for 50 or so years. Now the Gladstone export hub is scrabbling for sufficient gas and east coast gas prices are escalating as a result.

Over the same time span American unconventional gas and oil exploded and has robbed Gladstone consortia (and Australia) of first mover advantage in negotiating lucrative long term sales contracts.

Now Lincoln, you propose Russia has done something similar to cripple European gas production by funding greens groups to hold up projects on the basis of unfounded concerns over fracking.

The politics of global energy security may well have played a part in holding up east coast gas resource development.

Recipients of such funding and propaganda (Gaslands) are either profoundly mislead or don't care for anything other than the funding of their socially radical agendas ... I am not sure which is worse.

I don't think any of this is too far fetched.

Its a sad case of Mel in the Middle ... which could be condensed to "Meddle".

Dex
  2. 1,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 626

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.987M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 11274716 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 535051 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.