IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

throw caution to the wind.

1. 216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I always wonder what the larger strategy is behind deals done by the large pilbara companies and especially by billionaires such as Kerry. I cant believe he would sell part of a companies in ground value without a plan for the rest of the company. So ive been speculating. I expect another deal to be announced regarding the Extension tenement most likely to BHP (as an addition to Yandi)for whatever IOH can get. This seems like a loose end at the moment that needs to be tied up. IOH as a company with all these deposits all over the place is not a very attractive take over target but IOH would be very attractive to FMG with just Iron valley and Buckland hills plus circa 150 mil in cash (i dont think the magnetite is important or has much value). FMG has alot of Debt and grand plans. They want IV to help consolidate a mega deposit that justifies a rail spur. I am not sure of their debt levels and cash on hand but around 150 mil will definetely help. The exciting thing for me is what FMG might do with Buckland hills as it may end up a bargaining piece with API as FMG are currently both foundation proponents for the Anketel Port. IOH (Kerry) just signaled their valuation of the company at $5 a share and FMG is as i write trading at 4.96. I believe a 1:1 share swap with FMG will occur as that way Kerry still keeps his exposure to pilbara iron ore and FMG dont need to find any cash. Now the process has started i dont expect this to be too far away. Kerry has most likely spent the last 6 months lining all the ducks up and now they are begining to fall.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.