RMS 2.26% $1.95 ramelius resources limited

''''I can't see any benefit to them being the minor shareholder...

1. 548 Posts.
    ''''I can't see any benefit to them being the minor shareholder in an AVO controlled company.''''

But that was always going to happen!. Once RMS began their takeover, AVO already had 30-40%+ of DIO to start from. That stake was unlikely to be relinquished by AVO as they had a lot more already riding on DIO, inlcuding board representation.

If RMS were to sell their DIO stake, then i would question why on earth put a bid in in the first place if you do not think the asset is worth it for the company? AVO's offer is only marginally above RMS's, so very little to gain for RMS if they were to take it. Its really only the cash component that makes it so attractive to outside investors considering between AVO or the RMS offer. Sure they will get cash for the deal but they never needed to raise any in the first place. WD was always cashflow positive and so negated any need to go to market to raise cash. It therefore would have been unnecessary to raise cash from issuing 80 million shares at prices that are near 2.5yr lows for a company that never needed to do so (which is effectively the same as selling out RMS's DIO stake to AVO).

If there is another target that RMS could go for with the extra cash they would get from the sale, then why on earth didnt they go for that target instead back in July instead of wasting time and money on a target that was already well in play?

Im probably a lone voice here in hoping that they now go ahead with DIO because that bid had put a stop on the stock price, was ridiculous in its 11th hour nature and i think cost us short term stock appreciation by which time a capital raising, if necessary, for a takeover would have been cheaper. If DIO is good enough to let go of now, because of AVO's offer, then IMO the bid by RMS should never have been put in play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.95
Change
-0.045(2.26%)
Mkt cap ! $2.265B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.96 $2.00 $1.95 $2.530M 1.284M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 24106 $1.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.96 19546 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.17pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.