XJO 0.11% 7,769.7 s&p/asx 200

There is widespread reporting of the markets expecting Democrats...

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97

There is widespread reporting of the markets expecting Democrats to do well in November. How could they think otherwise? The words from Trump's own mouth and his tweets expose his illogic, his baseless claims and his anti science outlook. 27 White House staff and associates, including high ranking generals, now infected with Covid-19 and over 210 000 people dead. The outcome of mismanagement is very sad in the US. People in Iowa are lining up for hours to vote early.

Pollsters have significantly adjusted their methodology since 2016 to accommodate the quiet Trump supporters and the large group of supporters without college education. Trump didn't won the popular vote in 2016 and has never polled above 50% since then. If Biden wins in November, Trump supporters will cover themselves with explanations involving conspiracies and fake everything so they are always correct.

There's an assumption from some HC participants that people who oppose Tramp's politics mostly short the market. To what extent that's true I don't know. All I know is that I've made good money investing since March - 100% cash before then - and those gains have been turbocharged by the calamity slapped upon the US citizens by lazy, inept and narcissistic nonesense spewing out of the White House. How accurate the polls are will, as we all know, be shown in November. And many things can happen between now and then. But here are the current odds from bookies, and this is their business. They cover risk.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2540/2540070-b5a1fcd1ebd048efcc56a08631b7ee6b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.