XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

Thur, 11 Jun -- Are You Not Entertained!, page-105

1. 2,805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1707
    Amigos, a 3% fall today and it's doom & gloom (plus high fives by shorts who have been predicting the end is nigh). After all didn't the Great Depression show how the share market will play out during the Covid19 crisis? Hey hold on, shouldn't we instead look at the effect of the Spanish flu pandemic on stocks? I've copied below a chart of the Dow Jones during the Spanish Flu. We see the 33% collapse, but what happened afterwards? A volatile rise for the next year. And does anyone recall the decade that followed? I think they called it the "roaring twenties". (For those not alive at that time: "The Roaring Twenties was a decade of economic growth and widespread prosperity, driven by recovery from wartime devastation and deferred spending, a boom in construction, and the rapid growth of consumer goods .." Now I could be wrong, but aren't governments and central banks been talking about doing whatever it takes to pump economies & fuel a boom in construction and consumer goods? In fact there is no time for the ink to dry on the rivers of freshly printed paper. "Debt and deficit disaster"? Not this time baby. This time they'll come up with a slogan like "One loan for Mum, one loan for Dad, and one loan for the Country". That's enough from me, and happy punting amigos..

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2218/2218919-4e5e139902b94a5fb1ba1832f575d4c0.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.