XJO 0.41% 7,769.0 s&p/asx 200

Amigo, thanks for the thoughtful post. I don't know how it is...

1. 2,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1699
    Amigo, thanks for the thoughtful post. I don't know how it is going to end, but agree that personal debt and government debt cannot continue to grow at this rate. However central banks have cards up their sleeves which we don't even think about. For example, after WW2 the Japanese economy was ruined. So one of the meaures they took was to just change the currency! They removed the Ren and the Cen and replaced it with the Yen. That trick (plus others) worked a miracle and lasted until about 1985. And don't forget in Oz we re-branded the Aussie pound to Aussie dollars in 1960s, and the dollar was floated in the 1980s. Also, the 1, 2, 5 cent coins were removed in the 1990s. Those measures didn't revalue the currency, but who knows what desparate measures will be taken in a few years when the wheels fall off completely. My view is that most sane people agree the system is in fatal decline, but I would not bet my house that the crisis caused by Covid19 will be the trigger that will cause too much further decline in stocks. In fact I think it will take less than 12 months for most sharemarkets to be higher than they were pre-covid. For simplicity, suppose I gave you a printing press which was the size of that of the Reserve Bank, and suppose I allowed you to act to disrupt traditional chart analysis of the stockmarket, then throw into that a government with a good publicity machine and a few short term goals (such as being re-elected), and on top of that I give you four major banks who are happy to follow whatever line you give them. What would you do and how long would you expect it to last?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.