I must of missed who our Anchor is...Yes it's a changing world...

1. 21,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    I must of missed who our Anchor is...

Yes it's a changing world alright, it's taken 50 yrs to realize it .... since we came off the Gold standard......Up until the GFC it appeared real but then reality raised it's head and big businesses were bailed out by taxpayers and small businesses left to die, big businesses are now too big to fail and small family businesses in the main are destined to fail or be gobbled up by the likes of Woolies or Coles or some other conglomerate or large company, especially in Oz. For now the fundamentals have changed in extreme times like this, larger companies will be saved by the FED or/and Gov, they will bridge the gap for them...thus any smart shorter would have covered in March when the Fed said unlimited money with next to no interest, in Oz the Gov went further and said don't worry about disclosure laws until further notice. !
    Heres an article from the AFR about the suffering shorters or fundamentalists which i find has a few good points..the main one being this quote....
    " Policy support measures have also wrecked bearish bets." although it should read ... Policy support (FED and Gov) measures is what has wrecked bearish bets.
    https://www.copyright link/markets/equity-markets/the-fundamental-problem-facing-short-sellers-20200826-p55pke
    If it won't open, clear cache and google headline and re-open it should come up.

It's far too risky to short anything on a fundamental basis at the moment imo,

Anyway, everyday i pray for a Gold standard so we can get rid of alot of corruption and restore proper financial fundamentals, in the mean time i just play the game.

Anyway enough winging from this winging Pom.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.