zeroTake off today’s last break out bar, and that is the chart...

1. 37,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 410
    zero

Take off today’s last break out bar, and that is the chart that has influenced my thoughts on DOW closing prices all week.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6385/6385879-24e76dbcded3f1e5eb7e2b4c27c34f8b.jpg

A clear uptrend … charts mostly factor in all news, recent, breaking and pending imo … the momentum was there for a break out for the session just closed provided a swathe of economic reporting released 10.30pm Sydney time was favourable … and it sure was as it looks for now that recession fears are gone, the economy is Goldilocks strong, from recent reporting inflation continues to tick lower and a Fed rate cut in September looks assured.

Watching market reaction to those late reports gave me confidence to pin over +300.

Every pinner can do likewise.

My experience is maybe <10% of the time, late pinning helps … more often there is either no economic reporting of consequence or I interpret late breaking news wrongly.

@ClarkKent, @JohnI and lately a few others do likewise … you have no reason not to do likewise because for where you live, closing time is mid evening.

And for Wazza, I was quite happy not pinning given recent unpleasant circumstances, but when roaminoz confirmed John and I had placed time conforming pins last week, a weight was lifted, and the late breaking news was too much to resist 8))

Dex
    Last edited by poyndexter: Today, 06:51

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.