Angels, miracles, the universe ... who believes?My 94 yo Mum...

1. 37,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    Angels, miracles, the universe ... who believes?

My 94 yo Mum lives a 500 km round trip from me.

With increasing frailty, after 4 careful months of gentle discussions she agrees it's time to move from an over 55's villa to high care.

Whilst we speak by phone every 1-2 days, I have been spending a day/night per month with her ... that's say 3% of the time ... take out sleeping and naps and the close contact time drops towards 1% of the time.

Last night after dinner she had a "medical episode", being confused, feeling peculiar, didn't know my name, and speaking gibberish .. called an ambulance immediately and in under an hr she was in hospital ... it was a mild stroke, causing confusions and dysphasia, a disconnect between mind and voice, no physical issues.

I just shudder at the thought that could easily have happened during the other 99% of the time I am not there.

Moving to aged care in Sydney near me has just moved from discussion to necessity ... it wasn't her time and she now agrees with the need to move .... miracle, the universe, an angel or maybe all three.

Back at her home just in time for a slam pin last night.

She was much more lucid this morning and will spend a few days in hospital for more tests and then some time in rehab, hopefully after a transfer to Sydney.

Dex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.