XJO 0.33% 7,724.3 s&p/asx 200

thursday trading, page-106

1. 46,962 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Chris Ford & Voltaire

On that theme and as a retired educator & if I were to teach about The Market the curriculum would include:
    Lesson 101: The Market offers opportunity at risk, is driven by fear & greed but also features corrupt practices
    Lesson 102: Governments are party to this & establish 'regulators' to provide semblance of order, decency, fairness & dare I say equity
    Lesson 103: The only real truth out there is date & price but don't rely 100% on brokers or the media to reliably deliver them
    Lesson 104: The fundamentals of supply & demand, risk & reward etc. have to eventually play out in The Market
    Lesson 105: The computer systems of so-called market makers & big institutional players use algorithms which effectively determine market prices
    Lesson 106: Companies really only want investors' capital & their execs will say almost anything to get it
    Lesson 107: Shareholders are 'unsecured investors' [ie. definitely not sophisticated investors] - once our money is spent we are like drones to Queen B
    Lesson 108: Executive remuneration is like diplomatic immunity
    Lesson 109: History repeats
    Lesson 110: Given all the above any decision to participate in the Market rests with individual investors

Best of good fortune folks!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.