XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

thursday - voltaire day

1. 4,960 Posts.
    I mentioned in my last Major SPI analysis post that I was very interested in the NEXT time we got a MACD Moving average crossover on the weekly.

Here is the current chart:

As Highlighted by the Red Arrow on the MACD the signal line is starting to roll over and approach the slow here, and the Crossover may well be on the cards.

Looking at price as well I would also like to note on this time span we are getting pretty darn close to having three peaks defined in the last few months of sideways action, and three peaks is an oftv significant topping pattern... Of course we need price to continue down here, and the current candle is a DOJI as we sit just over the hump of the current week.

The Doji indicating the market is Undecided as to which way it wants to go.

As to why the interest in the current Weekly MACD Pattern and the next (if it eventuates) MACD Xover...

Here is a historical chart of the Daily:

Note the Thick Vertical Red Lines that highlight MACD Crossovers in VERY similar MACD patterns to that occurreing on the Weekly.

In both cases on the DAILY timespan, the xover yielded quite significant drops.

Bearing in mind that lower timespans seem to contain fractals, that is patterns played out on lower timespans often have similar patterns exhibited in higher timespans and Vice Versa.... I beleive you can guess which way I will be oriented trade wise if indeed a Weekly MACD Moving Average Crossover occurs on the weekly this week.

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.