hey @kinaboy1 I thought I'd reply to you here since this virus...

1. 5,440 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    hey @kinaboy1 I thought I'd reply to you here since this virus is quite an emotional issue, and could just derail the shipping thread.

Anyhow, my bout with the chinese virus (hey, there is the spanish flu, yeah. Or maybe it's premature to name this as the chinese virus, Lord knows it they might 'accidentally' cause another one.

I read an article about how fasting can induce authophagy, where the body can destroy the actual virus. I can't remember the search terms I used, but here's an article explaining it a bit: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-018-0003-6
    Note it says fasting can be both pro or anti viral. Hopefully, the one responsible for this virus has not figured that out yet. My experience says it's antiviral, but that's just a sample size of 1 that I know of.

Fasting should be quite easy for the sick person to do, since we normally don't have an appetite when we're sick. Just don't force the sick person to eat, for crying out loud. The body is busy fighting off the virus!

But in that time when I had the breathing difficulties, that was the only time I was a bit concerned (the onset was so quick!).

I had to expel the mucus manually (sorry if it's gross). I did not have an expectorant , and trying to breathe felt like the airway had holes in it, I could not keep the oxygen in. I do understand why someone with heart issues will have great difficulty doing it this way.

Anyhow, I also have a theory on why the virus apparently recurs. Afterall, the antiviral for this specific virus is not available yet.

But having gotten rid of the mucus manually + the fasting (and quite possibly autophagy) make me more confident that I've done my part in the herd immunity theory.

This is not medical advice. Just relating my experience.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.