FML 3.57% 13.5¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi Kal, great work as always mate - as a matter of interest the...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hi Kal, great work as always mate - as a matter of interest the mines that later were joined in ownership by Alan Bond produced 1,225,700 ounces from a grade of 34.41g/tonne just in 1903 with old timer methods.

Also from same file" source - http://www.superpit.com.au/Portals/0/docs/aboutKcgm/mediaReleases/pdf/03_Jul_03_50_Millionth_Ounce_From_The_Golden_Mile.pdf

"The Golden Mile, formerly home to more than 80 underground gold mines is now jointly owned by Barrick Gold of Australia and Newmont Australia, and mined by Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM)."

From the time line:
    "1895 Great Boulder new battery begins yielding1289 pounces of gold from 128 tonnes of ore (10ozs to the tonne). Hannan’s Brownhill opens Golden Mile’s first cyanide plant.

1898 Lake View Consols (one of the mines originally pegged by Sam Pearce) discovers gold deposit “the Duck Pond” which is said to have produced six tonnes of gold in six months. Kalgoorlie becomes the Premier producer of gold in Australia – supplying 40% of Australia’s total gold production.

The boys at NGF told me that the highest grade portion of historic production yielded 100Mt @ 11g/t if my memory serves me right. I was fatigued at the time so I might have this wrong but am a numbers man so this could also be correct. That is around 35M oz and they are now approaching 60M - so quite possible!

I would be extremely happy with 4 - 10M oz from this new discovery however we still have a long way to go at this point. The point is that this is a large system and this is going to be an interest ride the next few years.

The initial drill holes will only start to open this gold camp. For those that don't understand - and I don't judge we all have to start somewhere - the geochem is this fist pass discovery and scoping stage. As Kal states all the right signs are there.

Cheers,
    Country Writer
    DYOR&DD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $38.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 13.5¢ $6.856K 49.57K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36133 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 67030 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.