Tick Allergy Help?

1. 15,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 444
    In an unwelcome development this week i discovered i have developed an allergy to ticks, after having an anaphylactic reaction to a bite. This is after many years of just pulling the b@stards out and getting on with a bit of an itchy lump.

I'm being told that this can happen from too many bites, and it is likely to get worse, which is a serious problem as i live on rural acreage covered with long grass and wet schlerophyll, and also spend a good deal of my time in paddocks or scrub with RFS.

It seems like an unusually bad year to me, i only have to walk out to the chookpen and i'm bringing one back with me every other trip. If we let our kitten out in the yard, he is coming home with 5 or 6 of them crawling on him.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there having a similar experience, and whether this sort of explosion (both of the tick numbers and the reaction) can be just a freak thing that goes away after a season?
    Also, any tips on how to get on with outdoor things like mowing and brushcutting would be appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.