LOM 0.00% 7.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Speaking of selling... a few comments have said how silly people...

1. 2,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    Speaking of selling... a few comments have said how silly people are for selling at low prices with the news that has recently come out and expected to come out soon.
    However I'm thinking that some traders may be taking advantage of the 3Day settlement and the 1Day Buy/Sell allowance... wherein you can buy 1 day, and sell the next and you only pay (or receive) the difference...

Thus this allows people to Buy and hold for a day in the hope an announcement is forthcoming, and then sell the next day if it doesn't... and only pay the trading fees and difference... which if it only moved by 1c is really not that much compared to the possible benefit of holding a large number of shares when that ML does come...

So basically if I buy 100k LOM today at 0.43 and hold them for the weekend, then by monday lunch there is still no announcement, so i just sell them at the current price of 0.42...
    Total cost was about $100 in fees and $1000 in the share price difference.
    BUT... if an announcement had of come during the weekend... the amount it will move up could be 10c 20c... what? and times that by 100k shares that i have esentially "rented"

$1000 might seem expensive to just rent 100k shares for a day... but at the same time, there is nothing to say the share price could not have gone up to 0.44 instead of down... thus netting me $1000 for renting them...

Anyways, just my thoughts on why we are seeing 100k buys 1 day and 100k sells the next all for around the same price.

All super high risk stuff, and probably in breach of T&C of your Broker.
    Last edited by NewToItAll: need to learn to spell 05/09/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 7.0¢ $2.819K 40.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 199999 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 141658 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.