SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

ticking time bomb?, page-63

1. 10,494 Posts.
    Hanlong hasn't lost anything.

It's PRC state money provided to it by the China Development Bank.

It was the PRC that pulled the plug on the Hanlong deal with the mysterious disappearance of Liu 48 hours before the CDB term sheet was due.

The only feasible reason (taking into account of China's media campaign since Decemebr 2012 about the need for CISA involvement) is that Hanlong was no longer able to play the bidder role due to changes in circumstance (i.e competition).

In other words, Liu's disappearance could be traced back to the time of the media article where Beijing URGED Hanlong to partner up with the SOEs (which was triggered by the granting of the mining permit & convention).

Surely, if China is not interested in acquiring SDL and state entities have not entered into discussions with Sundance (subsequent to the Hanlong deal being torn up), then Beijing would have openly refuted the SDL open briefing media release and the SDL board would have lied and misled share holders (a pretty serious offence I would have thought).

....."Recently we’ve confirmed with the Chinese authorities that they’re happy for us to progress discussions with other Chinese parties and that’s what we’re doing
    now"......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.