Ticking time bomb, page-22

1. 37,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    There's no right or wrong with property buying , particularly ppor . With the benefit of hindsight we all could've bought better .

Two questions :

Can you afford it ?

Do you feel comfortable buying it ?

If people can't answer yes to both those questions then I don't think they should buy . Don't worry about what everyone else is doing , you're the one making the payments so you're the one that has to feel right about it .
    If it turns out later that you could've made a better decision then that's alright as well . Nobody has a crystal ball .

There are so many negative posters on here that are clearly driven by jealousy or a lack of knowledge and experience it amazes me . Yes , Sydney and Melbourne units appear to be way to expensive . Yes , most of us think that aren't good investments . So what ?
    That doesn't mean that normal ppor type homes in the burbs are in trouble nor is there any credible evidence that interest rates are going to rise anytime soon . Particularly given our employment rate and our increasing population .

I was driving around Sydney on the weekend . Hadn't been there in a few years . I drive around Melbourne regularly . Both cities are hives of activity . People everywhere . Transport systems bursting at the seams . Infrastructure constantly being upgraded and expanded .

Doesn't look like a downturn to me .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.