PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Tide turning for PSA Production, page-6

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Hello IP56,

To answer your question re successful ventures in the last five years ...

To my knowledge there has not been one successful venture in Yemen in the last five (5) years ...

Primarily because the country has been in a state of "flux" since the 2011 Arab Spring rising (possibly even before then)

2012 got so bad that the then President (Saleh) had to step down from office because the people had had enough ... suggestions of corruption, intimidation and bad management / bad administration coupled with increasing poverty and general poor community well being resulted in increasing acts of violence against many areas government and infrastructure ...

By 2014 it got so bad that people like the Houthis "rebelled" against what you might call the "temporary government" (the Hadi Group) ... and with this rebellion we saw the steady departure of foreign companies (Oil & Gas Companies) from this point on ...

The rest is history ... war still rages ... perhaps not to the same degree but conflict is still there ...

Is the risk in the Yemen region worth the potential rewards?

In my opinion ... Yes !

And as you rightly point out ... " events can change in a New York minute " ...

Several attempts at a peace accord have failed ... though each time it appears that more and more pressure is being applied to the warring parties to come to agreement and move forward ...

There is no question in my mind that Yemen represents a genuine opportunity of "Untapped wealth" for not only the people of Yemen but also for the people prepared to invest in its future  ...

PeterRG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.