I think the problem for tiger is he went down to the hazard,...

1. 145 Posts.
    I think the problem for tiger is he went down to the hazard, then walked all the way back to where he hit it.
    Now from the telecast we were not sure if he was taking point of entry as far back in line with the flag or drop one as naer to where he played his last. If he took the later then it can be hard to distinguish exactly where he last hit it. especially if he nipped it and didnt cause a noticable divot. After the round the officals declared that tiger did something wrong. ( really it should have stopped there ) Like most sports once a decision is made thats it. Unfortunately for golf someone sitting on the couch wathcing it on TV in slow motion can pick up something that was very unintential, then advising the rules official. Then unlike other sports once you sign your card and a ruling takes place after the round you are deemed to have signed an incorrect score card which is a DSQ.

However if tiger admitted that he knew he took the drop where he had an advantage then i say he should have been DSQ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.