NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

POG at 1340 now and I would be certain the US and EU buyers will...

1. 26,952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4607
    POG at 1340 now and I would be certain the US and EU buyers will be all over it tonight and it will break $1353 resistance - those being the regions directly involved in the dispute with Russia.

On the bright side for you SG and Robbo, etc, there is a gap to fill from Fridays close. I don't believe a conflict is likely (peace people, I am certainly not interested in warmongering, just in a sensible discourse without ridiculous censorship) - I see this becoming quite a protracted affair, precisely because there will be no quick military conflict - it will be the threat of such that spikes gold. My view is Russia will get away with annexing Crimea and US/EU will make do with limited sanctions and withdrawing Russia's G8 invite. It will only degenerate into a war if Ukrainian troops attempt a suicidal mission to evict the Russians from Crimea, but their new President has already said he won't be tricked into giving the Russians an excuse to grab the whole country. So... After a few months, I see the safe haven premium going out of gold and then you shorters will be back in business, depending on the global economic factors that relate to POG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.