BUY 0.00% 0.4¢ bounty oil & gas nl

tight stop losses being triggered, page-24

1. TDS
    725 Posts.
    Look, all good to you that it worked for you (as I said before), and sometimes it can work, but it's not smart practise.
    The dot com crash was fast but not fast enough that you couldn't have got out in time, sure there were falling knives here and there but generally there was about 6-9 months from memory where stocks were declining where you could have easily sold.
    I heard so many people talking about "oh it'll turn around soon, mark my words" and "it can't get any lower, tech is the future" etc etc, but the smart money was getting out and the rest were left behind saying "what the hell happened? I don't understand?". Welcome to the irrational world that is the stock market.
    Now I admit I made a bit of a loss at that time but not very substantial as I was hitting stop losses the majority of the time. I pulled out of the market altogether when I reflected what was happening and saw things were getting worse and jumped back in a couple of years later when things stabilised.

If I had've kept my stocks at the time and averaged down instead of cutting my losses, I would be nowhere near where I am now. Some of those companies are even delisted/bankrupt now.

What I am saying is well done and good luck to you if you decide to play that way but it's no less riskier than short term trading. Any company can fail remember no matter how perfect you think they are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.994M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $5.659K 1.414M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2415075 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6405399 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BUY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.