GRY 0.00% 20.5¢ gryphon minerals limited

tijirit exhibits a similar geology to tasiast

1. 4,996 Posts.
    The Tasiast gold mine (owned by Redback Mining Inc.), is 35km to the northwest of Tijirit and in
    an adjacent Achaean Greenstone belt. Tijirit exhibits a similar geology to Tasiast. Previous
    explorers outlined broad spaced (1km centres) gold in soil anomalies on Tijirit in the 1990s
    during the same campaign that delineated Tasiast. Tasiast now hosts a world-class gold project
    with reserves of 2.28Moz and resources of 3Moz and is now producing 230,000 ounces per
    annum.
    In two field seasons (March ? April and from September 2008), Shield collected soil samples on
    four grids with results confirming the broad spaced anomalies defined from earlier work. These
    grids were infill sampled to 80m x 40m with results enhancing and extending previously
    delineated anomalies. Ground geophysics was also successfully undertaken. The anomalies were
    then trenched to give better guidance to the drill programme.
    In April, 2009 a 3275 metre drill programme was undertaken over three of the prospects. The
    results from this confirmed the presence of gold and the similarity of geology to the Tasiast Gold
    Mine.
    Corporate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.