BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

The Elephant in the room is the rather rapid decline of the AU$...

1. 85 Posts.
    The Elephant in the room is the rather rapid decline of the AU$ vs the US$. It is down roughly 24% over the past two years. >1M shares were bought in the United States through BNIKF during the so-called KSS pump in January 2014, subsequent queries on that board proved this out. The AU$ is down roughly 14% from that time.

What people don't realize, unless there is a rapid reversal (not likely given policymaker's own statements), this loss is gone for good for investors who bought in during the stated periods of time, unless they hedged via the FOREX. If and when French gets around to listing it on a US exchange barring any buyout, the loss is built into the transfer, that part of your investment went poof! There were other ways to offset this, such as buying additional shares during the dips.

You're only as good as your management team no matter what technology you may or may not have, Jobs/Apple, Gates/Microsoft as basic examples. As another commenter noted, smaller Biotechs in the US have popped on lesser news than that recently for Benitec.

If French had the foresight to list prior to the trial even beginning, I have no doubt the SP is in the neighborhood of $3US today, rather than a pitiful $0.66 and on it's way lower tomorrow. One only has to consider the current valuations of ARWR and even ALNY to value Benitec at $350M-US, which is conservative, IMO. Of course I could be completely off base. So, in that regard, I believe management, specifically the CEO has failed investors everywhere. Rather than spending time and money on travel junkets to educate investors, would it not be/have been more rewarding to investors to have already listed in the US long ago? Hey, at least we might have had the opportunity to take profits should the product not prove out.

Ultimately I blame only myself for the current predicament of my investment. Live and learn. Hopefully the future is a lot brighter than the past several months, but my shares vote for regime change once a year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.